There… I said it! Over the decades there has been a few people to play the, ‘Dark Knight’… Some of them have been truly awesome, people like, ‘Christian Bale’ (American Psycho), who freaking ruled in the role in the most recent films, and then there was, ‘Diedrich Bader’ who did the role in one of the more recent animated versions of the shows… A show that was not very good….
In my opinion though, Michael Keaton (Multiplicity) will always be the best of the series!
Now before I continue with why Michael Keaton will always be the eponymous, ‘Batman’, let me go with a couple of reasons why these other Batman’s just don’t make it to the top…
- Christian Bale made a fantastic Batman, but faking his voice the way he did was pretty stupid.
- George Clooney’s Batman could have been good, but the movie he was in just wasn’t great…
- Now I will be honest and say that I really quite enjoyed Val Kilmer’s Batman… But I am like one of the two… So I, where as I thought it was good, I can’t say that a lot of other people could say the same…
- Adam West’s Batman was a Batman of the 60s… So it was fun, but it just doesn’t translate…
- And the Batman serials were fun… But they just didn’t have that same awesome, ‘Dark Knight’ we have all come to love that I feel like Michael Keaton really did a great job bringing to the world!
And the animated series… Most of the animated series were great, but as awesome as Kevin Conroy’s Batman is, (no matter what the iteration he is working with, having the live action, ‘Batman’ will always be preferred.)
And as far Michael Keaton himself goes as regards. There are a couple of reasons why he is great in the role!
- He really did the dark and brooding, ‘Dark Knight’ well.
- He didn’t take any affectations, he really demonstrated the duality between, ‘Batman’ and, ‘Bruce Wayne’ really well.
- The costume he had I still think is the best.
- Finally the setting for the first Batman movie is truly awesome!
So if you haven’t seen his work yet, then check out the trailers for the two, ‘Batman’ movies that he was in!