<img class="alignright size-full wp-image-20531" title="FeardotCom 1" src="http://awesomebmovies.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/FeardotCom-11.jp
g” alt=”” width=”295″ height=”400″ />
g” alt=”” width=”295″ height=”400″ />When I was in High School there was one movie that over all else cemented my interests in what could be considered the current most modern version of Vampire life is like (No it is not Twilight… That series has it’s audience, I just am not a part of it…) No the movie that I am talking about is the first Blade (1998) movie.
Now you might be wondering why I mention this movie, especially when there are so many other great ones to choose from! Well first off I hate to admit it, but up to that point, with the exception of Buffy The Vampire Slayer, with Sarah Michelle Gellar (I Know What You Did Last Summer) and Bram Stoker’s Dracula (1992) Keanu Reeves (Speed), my knowledge of Vampire movies was fairly limiting as most of the Vampire movies I had seen before 1992 were so long ago, that I couldn’t remember them all that well…
Needless to say, I really liked the character in Blade, Deacon Frost (Played by: Stephen Dorff) who had expensive everything, flash, and ‘lived’ life in the fast lane (for a Vampire). And I gotta say that I really like that!
Since then I have followed Stephen Dorff’s career through various movies, with one of them being the totally awesome movies, FeardotCom!
Written by: Josephine Coyle (Notes) and Directed by: William Malone (Parasomnia). Starring: Stephen Dorff (Cecil B. Demented), Natasha McElhone (Californication), Stephen Rhea (On The Edge), Jeffrey Combs (Re-Animator), and Udo Kier (Halloween).
Do you like to watch?
– Jeanie on the FeardotCom website.
In the city of New York, there is something that has really gone afoul… You see during this time, four bodies have turned up in roughly the same away, but with out any seeming connection to the people who are dying!
Now the movie goes in to how during the recent deaths, Detective Mike Reilly (Dorff) and his partner Detective Sykes (Combs) of the NYPD are sent in to investigate the crime scene…
Now after they are done at the crime scene they head back to the Station wherein the Department Of Health decides to put the entire station under quarantine, believing that what ever had killed the people at Detective Reilly’s and Detective Sykes crime scene had actually been some sort of disease!
When it is discovered that everyone at the station is clean. As part of this effort to solve the mystery of the deaths, a Department of Health worker by the name of Terry Houston (McElhone) ends up partnering with Detective Reilly to solve what is killing people…
Now with their only real clue being a website that all of the victims have been to called, ‘FeardotCom’ they will head down a path that none of them had ever expected to go down, and for Reilly and Houston, they may never be able to come back from!
With that said, what I like about this movie, and what I do think makes this an incredibly awesome b movie is a couple of things:
1. The cast was great, I mean everyone from Stephen Dorff to Jeffrey Combs and everyone in between just did a fantastically well acted and believable job.
2. I also do think stories that in some way have Computers or other electronics as either the murdering devices or are the medium to kill in horror movies is very entertaining, and quite amusing!
3. I also thought that I would mention that this award winning movie is based on the story that was created by Moshe Diamont (Time Cop)
4. I also thought that you guys might find this interesting, but the name of the character, ‘Polidori’ (Played by Udo Kier in the movie). This name was actually used because it was the name of a Surgeon who was with Lord Byron and Mary Shelley on the night that Mary Shelley first came up with the idea for Frankenstein!
With that said gore hounds, if your looking for a fun gory movie with an exciting story, then I do recommend checking this one out… It is a fun one!